Whether you cook a meal or order takeout frequently, you’ll have to wash and dry dishes regularly. Dishes can pile up even in homes with dishwashers, making it even harder to wash and dry them.
If you don’t have a good, space-saving dish rack that can put a lot of them in without having any fragile goods perched awkwardly.
The dishwashing rack may take up some spaces, or you may want to use something more kitchen-friendly that can make utensils dry and work as decorating pieces. Sounds too greedy, right?
Don’t worry, dear. I am here to take your tension away with some alternative to a dish drying rack that can serve your purposes by taking up minimal spaces, costs and making your kitchen smarter.
- The Dishwasher Sanitizing Cycle
- Roll-Up Dish Drying Rack
- Kitchen towel
- Paper towels
- Dish Drying mat
- Dish Drainer Board
- Magnetic Knife Holders
- Pan & Pot Organizer
8 Best Alternative to Dish Drying Racks (Review 2022)
A dish drying rack is one of those kitchen items that we have taken as a mandatory item. But their big size or too typical design may make it an annoyance to someone. There is also an essential point that most of the kitchen may not have enough space around the sink to place the dishwasher rack.
You can’t enlarge your kitchen to make some space, but you can choose something alternative that can work as a dish drying solution and save kitchen space.
And here is the good news: in this article, I will present the alternatives of drying dishes without racks. That can be the best way to dry dishes on the counter without taking up much space.
So let’s have a pleasant journey till the end.
Here are some exclusive replacements for dish drying racks just a click away from being yours.
#1. The Dishwasher Sanitizing Cycle
Sanitize cycle in dishwasher takes longer time and use hot water to destroy 99.999% of bacteria found in food leftovers. During the primary wash, a sanitize cycle will typically raise the temperature, followed by the temperature will be even hotter.
The water in a standard wash cycle reaches temperatures of 140° to 145° Fahrenheit.
In contrast, a sanitized wash must employ an extended hot-water rinse and achieve at least 150° Fahrenheit temperatures. At this temperature, the microorganism and germs are sterilized from cookware.
After completing the sanitizing cycle, you can use the dishwasher as a drying rack.
#2. Roll-Up Dish Drying Rack
Here is a fantastic product you can use over the sink called a roll-up rack dish dryer. It’s is perfect for a small kitchen. This Roll-up drying rack is going to replace your big and bulky dishwashing rack.
Moreover, it’s elementary to use. Just unwrap the roll and place it over your sink. Next, you need to wash your dishes and place them on a roll-up rack. This rack will drip the water into the sink and let the dishes dry.
So this product can be your best alternative to your usual big dish dryer rack.
For your better understanding, I am reviewing the most popular roll-up dish drying rack.
Multipurpose Roll-Up Dish Dryer
- Space Saving: If you want to save space in your kitchen, I highly recommend this Roll-up drying rack. It is very convenient to use. And after drying the dishes, you can roll them up or fold them up when you have no use for them.
- Durability: This incredible product has high resistance against rust which increases its durability than stainless steel racks. For its non-slip silicone edge, this rack never falls into the sink. And its oil resistance capacity ensures easy cleaning.
- Heat Resistance: The Roll-Up rack can resist heat up to 400°F (204°C). You can use it without any health issues as it is completely BPA (Bisphenol A) free. You can use it as a heat-resistant countertop trivet mat.
- Kitchen Look: Warm Gray creates a welcoming, pleasant, and elegant atmosphere, and it well complements trendy kitchen decorating color schemes.
#3. Kitchen towel
A kitchen towel is another space-saving and fantastic alternative to gigantic dish drying racks. The weaves of kitchen towels are the most absorbent of all types. In addition, they are velour in nature, looping across both ends that generate more space for thoroughly wiping all surfaces.
This extra absorbent and convenient quick-drying towel wipe off the water from your dishes and makes them dry. And most importantly you will get it with very little expense. So you can get a kitchen towel as a great alternative and a cheap dish drying rack.
Let’s explore the kitchen towel that I have found highly effective in dish drying.
Utopia Towels Kitchen Towels
- Materials: These towels are woven with 100% ring spun cotton, making them sturdy and sturdy for any domestic chores. Professionally hemmed edges enhance the towel’s quality and longevity. The Dobby Weave is used on all of our towels, making them absolutely suitable for everyday usage.
- Superior Absorbency: The Utopia kitchen towel has excellent absorbency for the presence of Dobby Weave. This special type of weave allows them to use it daily and wipes the dishes to dry faster than other towels.
- Easy Washing: Towels should be machine washed in warm water with a light detergent and spin-dried on low. And it would help if you let it dry as soon as possible. But keep one thing in mind. Never use bleach, any fabric softener, or ironing; it may degrade the towel’s quality.
- Cost-friendly: These kitchen towels are amazing in price. They may not have an elevated feel to them, but they definitely look good and perform the job. In addition, you can get this 100% cotton and not microfiber at a meager price compared to your drying rack.
#4. Paper towels
The paper towel is another excellent and space-saving option for avoiding dish drying racks. Paper towels also work like your kitchen towel, wiping off wet dishes and making them dry.
It absorbs water for the words as it is loosely woven with threads, allowing a large amount of water to flow between them. This process is called the capillary effect. It is very much space-saving. You can keep them folded in a drawer and use them whenever needed.
So, I hope you will agree that they can be used easily as dish rack towels and a better alternative to your giant and space-taking dish drying rack.
Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels
- Super Absorbency: This Bounty Quick Size paper has superior absorbing power for any versatile cleaning, which can quickly satisfy your need. The threads of this paper towel can absorb a lot of water from your dishes and let those dry as fast as they can.
- More Sheets: One bundle of Bounty offers 40 more additional sheets with every pack, which gives you equating to a supplementary paper worthy of 5 days.So,a single pack will let you keep quick cleaning for the upcoming days.
- Sustainably Made: Bounty brand doesn’t engage in any kind of deforestation methods. All of the virgin fibers come from validated and verified sources. In addition, they encourage replanting a new tree for every tree they cut for paper making.
#5. Dish drying mat
A decent dish mat helps cleaning efficiently, dry quickly, and prevent your dishes from chipping or cracking. So it can be an alternative option for your drying rack.
After the dishes have been washed, a dish drying mat absorbs the dishes’ leftover water and makes them dry. Simply set your dishes inverted on the drying mat and keep them there for few times.
The mat will absorb the dripping drops and will dry your dishes. The question I have faced a lot of time is that are dish drying mats sanitary? The answer is yes! You must dry them after each usage and wash them frequently to keep them sanitized.
Umbra Microfiber Dish Drying Mat
- Two in One set: TheUmbra’s UDRY offers you a two-in-one package combining a drying rack and a mat in one. This allows you to neatly pile and unify your kitchen stuffs, and more while they air-dry every day.
- Super absorbency: The UDRY microfiber mat is the ideal combination by means of functionality, absorbing water residues from wet dishes. It also shields your kitchen’s countertop from scratching and water accumulation.
- Space-saving: This little dish drying rack’s lightweight, simple design provides excellent on your kitchen countertop. It holds a fair amount of dishes while in use. In addition, you can fold it up easily and save space in your kitchen.
- Removable rack salver: The BPA-free and molded plastic dish rack can be added to the mat. It glides in/out of its position so you can remove it when not needed.
#6. Dish drainer board
This kitchen device aids in dish drying and is a fantastic substitute for a traditional dish drying rack. The purpose of draining boards is to allow water to flow into the sink. It comes with a clear plastic caddy that keeps flatware and plates in place.
Again, the purpose of draining boards is to allow water to flow into the sink. Therefore, the board’s surface is sloped to allow water to soak in the direction of the drain, and its edge sits on the kitchen sink’s rim.
Madesmart Elevated Drain Board
- Easy Drying Solution: This is the easiest drying solution you can have in your kitchen. Draining boards are included with specific under-mount sinks. One of their primary functions is to allow the water to be wiped off into the sink from the countertop.
- Fast-drying: Water drains quickly into your kitchen sink thanks to the channeled surface and tapered lip, which helps to dry your wet dishes as fast you want.
- Durability: It is sturdy, so it doesn’t break easily. So, you can use it for a long time. And the plastic used in it is BPA-free, so it is safe for health.
#7. Magnetic Knife Holders
There are many accessories that a kitchen may keep to dry dishes. For example, you can mount your knives on the kitchen wall with the help of a magnetic knife holder, conserving space in the kitchen’s drawer. In addition, magnetic knife holders are the most sanitary.
Clothes, large slabs of wood are loving places for bacteria and easy places for food to get stuck. Finally, because they’re hung on the wall and exposed to the air, they dry rapidly and naturally. So, a magnetic knife holder is a natural and hygienic alternative to the dish drying rack.
Best Kitchen Magnetic Knife Holder
- Premium Quality: Constructed of high-quality stainless steel with a strong magnet, this magnetic holder always maintains its quality in the market. It has high resistance against rust, and its powerful magnetic charge never gets weak.
- Space sever: The Knife Magnetic Strip allows you to hang your knives on the wall, conserving important drawer space and making knives more accessible.
- Easy drying: The magnetic knife holder is the easiest solution to dry your knife after washing. Just hang it in the holder; the open air will do the work of drying.
#8. Pan & Pot Organizer
Pots and pans can be easily hung by attaching hooks to the top of a cabinet. And it is a great way to keep things organized and save room at the same time! Pan & pot organizer can be a good option for dish drying rack. You can easily keep your dishes hanging after washing them. The air will do the rest by letting the wet dishes dry in a while.
Pan and Pot Lid Organizer Rack Holder
- Space saver: One product from a simple cabinet can organize your 5 pan and save your kitchen countertop space.
- Sturdy: This product is sturdy. You can keep your most giant pan here without any chance of a break. This item is solid enough that you don’t need to use the included screws to secure it to the cabinet floor.
- Easy to organize: No more compact pans in your cabinet. This excellent product will help you manage your pans and find your one easily when you need it.
Why Should you consider drying dishes without Racks?
The answer is simple by considering these points:
- Drying racks take more spaces
- Make difficulty in moving freely
- Most of our kitchen may not have enough space around the sink to place it
- Sometimes its bulky size make the kitchen look bad
So, to save my kitchen space, I will consider the alternatives mentioned above rather than a kitchen rack.
What are the most sanitary ways to clean dishes, pots, and pans?
I have found ways to feel the most sanitized way to clean dishes, pots, and pans. They are:
- Dishwasher: It is an efficient way to clean your dining utensils since it cycles hot water and hot heat throughout the drying process.
- Hand washing: When you soak your dishes in hot water or a mild detergent solution, hand washing can be a sanitary method.
Washing dishes and drying them is a regular activity that we must do properly and be healthy. You can use the alternatives of dish drying racks and save your space and cost as well. I hope my article will lead you in the right direction.