Why it’s too important to ensure perfect and safe water for everyone? Because pure water can save a life, and impure water can take life.
Coliform infestation in well water and municipal water sources are of rising concern. For me, there is no other alternative of having the best water filter for coliform bacteria installed in my home and kitchen.
Having an excellent filtration unit will save your family from harmful bacteria and other poisonous elements such as lead, arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, fluoride, calcium and lime. But, the thing is, it’s quite tough to get a water filtration unit that have capacity of removing most of the impurities from water.
Don’t worry; I’m here to help you. In this article, we will review coliform removing water filters with additional impurities filtration capacities.
Let’s jump into the main part!
Comparative Analysis of the Best Water Filters to Remove Coliform Bacteria:
From my research & experiences, I have selected 6 most effective water filters for removing bacteria from well water, even any water sources. These filters can remove not only coliform but a wide range of pathogenic bacteria. I have selected these filters by maintaining various criteria, like the range of filtration, quality, filtration efficiency, and price.
Let’s have a sneak peek at the top 6 water filters for coliform bacteria.
Best for Couple
Epic Nano | Water Filter Pitcher for Coliform
Best for Families
iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water filter
KFLOW ROPOT-180 Reverse Osmosis Tankless Countertop Filter
best for Kitchen
Aquasana AQ-5300 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter
Waterdrop G2 Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
APEC RO-90 Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
Review of the Best Water Filters for Coliform Bacteria
For me, iSpring RCC7AK is the best filter to remove coliform bacteria from drinking water. This is because, it is precise in water filtration, perfect for families, super fast and budget friendly. Now, I will review my top 6 picks of bacteria removing water filtration units from technical perspective.
Here is the complete list of coliform removing water filters:
- Epic Nano | Water Filter Pitcher for Coliform
- iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water filter
- KFLOW ROPOT-180 Reverse Osmosis Tankless Countertop Filter
- Aquasana AQ-5300 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter
- Waterdrop G2 Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
- APEC RO-90 Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
Let’s Jump in the detailed analysis!
1. Epic Nano Water Filter Pitchers for Coliform:
If you are looking for excellent quality water filters that can eliminate many different types of microorganisms, bacteria, viruses, and other harmful chemicals floating in the water.
As you already know, coliform bacteria are commonly found in the water. As we can not see these components in the water, we must need water filter pitchers to reduce the number of coliform bacteria dancing in the water.
Now let’s know whether this filter can do its job perfectly or not!
- The perfect filter for removing bacteria: Coliform bacteria can usually cause illness in water. This bacteria spreads pathogens that typically come from human and animal feces. That’s why you must need a perfect filter. Many experts have tested this filter and found that it can reduce the amounts of viruses, bacteria, cysts, chlorine, lead, PFAS, 1,4 -Dioxane, haloacetic acids, and microplastics. But you know there are many types of bacteria. Some bacteria may not be removed, but it eliminates the number of coliforms.
- Easy fit into the refrigerator: The size of this filter is large enough to hold water for 24 hours if you take it out with your family. Therefore, you might think that as the filter size is quite more significant, it may not fit into the refrigerator. But the good news is that it can be ideally suited into the fridge. Do you know, the rate of the bacteria decreases if you keep water filters in the refrigerator? So I think this is one of the best filters for eliminating coliform bacteria.
- LED timer: This filter is made of premium quality nanofiber that can be used for a long time. The exciting feature is the LED timer that reminds you to change its filters correctly. If you do not change filters appropriately, different microorganisms may stay in the water filters. But do not worry; this filter will always remind you. It will start to count down from three months which is integrated into the odd of these filters.
#2. iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water filter
iSpring is a renowned water filtration unit manufacturer and is currently the market leader for producing filters that can remove coliform and other bacteria. It can reduce water hardness and balance pH. I have analyzed this unit based on 10 years of experience in the water purification industry. Let’s talk in detail about this unit.
- Six Stage Filtration: Oh! I loved it. The six-stage filtration unit is top a notch engineering to remove microorganisms from water. It’s a standout water filtration unit than a 5 stage RO water purifier. The extra membrane filter screen out pathogenic microorganisms, especially E.Coli, and fecal coliform.
- Minerals Restoration: Many water filters remove essential minerals from water while softening the water. Not in the case of iSpring RO 6 stage; it adds minerals after filtration is done. The addition of the required minerals is controlled and matches with the specification of bottled drinking water. It’s always important to drink only mineral water, as minerals in water are very important for our health.
- Precise Membrane Filter: Coliforms are very tiny in size. To filter out these microorganisms’ precision filter is a must. We can’t simply rely on regular filtration units to filter coliforms. It has a precision filter of 0.0001 microns equipped with GAK systems.
- Heavy Metal Removal Efficiency: Heavy metals like lead, arsenic is removed efficiently; other ions like, fluoride, chlorine are also 99% filtrate by this iSpring unit. To be frank, coliform is not the only issue we need to solve. I will only bet for such a water filter that will remove both chemical and biological contaminants.
- Easy Installation: To install it, you will not need professional assistance. Just read the manual with the system, and set up the machine within an hour. I asked my friend who recently (February 2022) bought this unit from Amazon about the installation process and time. She said, it’s very straightforward method and no help is required. It took 40 minutes from reading the manual up to finish the installation.
- Filter Cartridge Change Indicator: It has a dynamic cartridge change indicator. This will help you to understand when you should change the filter cartridge to get the highly purified water from it.
Undoubtedly, iSpring RCC7AK is one of the best filters to remove coliform from well or tap water. It has enormous popularity around the US. From my professional experiences, I have long experiences of working with this model. Truly the leader in the market.
#3. KFLOW ROPOT-180 Reverse Osmosis Tankless Countertop Filter
The last line might hurt you, if you are a countertop filter seeker! I don’t want to disappoint you. KEFLOW ROPOT-180 is the perfect option for coliform free, soft drinking water. Let’s explore this popular countertop filter for coliform bacteria.
- Purification Perfectionist: The four-stage water filtration unit is highly efficient in filtering coliforms, other microorganisms, heavy metals and alkaline materials. Over 1000 pollutants can be pulled out of water with it. The 4 membranes I tested are perfect for removing coliforms. Size of the filter mesh is around 0.0001 micron.
- Removes Heavy Metals: All hazardous heavy metals are efficiently filter out by the KEFLOW ROPOT-180. Mercury, chloramine, arsenic, radium and many more heavy metals are moved preciously by the filter. Precision is the major key here. A tiny leftover of heavy metals can be lethal. So, no option other than a precision filter. This filter also helps to make excellent coffee, tea, and other drinks.
- Cost Efficient: Technology applied in this purifier allow recycling of water. Every filtration cycle’s remaining passed in the next cycle. By this way, cost per bottle of water can be reduced significantly.
- Filter Changing Indicator: Electronic indicator provides signal when its time to change. The previous filter I used in my office was not compatible of signalling filter change time. Although, I was not my purchase. I immediately replaced the filter with a water purifier with efficient indicator system. It’s really a blessing cause its an important indicator for health safety as well.
- Extended Filtration Capacity: The filter can be used without changing the RO membrane for 2 years at least. The PPF and carbon filter can be used up to one year. Its really good to enjoy safe water for one year, or so.
- Certifications & QC Passed: To me certifications are not impressing buying indicator for me. But certifications and standardization are important for mass people to understand the quality of a filter. Moreover, the rigorous QC check makes this coliform filtration unit most reliable filter to remove bacteria and microorganisms.
In my opinion, it’s the most complete water filter to get rid of bacteria from water. With modern technology, and supreme filtration membrane, it can be the perfect choice of filter for worry free 10 years or so.
#4. Aquasana AQ-5300 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter
“Aquasana ensures safe water for people and will ensure for long” this is how Aquasana claims their service to American people. I am using the same filter for 3 years or so. For me, it’s a cheap water filter for coliform bacteria with ultimate safe and pure water.
- Ensures Safe Water: The filtration unit Aquasana has, it is the most capable filtration unit with minimal price range. The three-stage filtration ensures bacteria free purified water from the filter.
- Filter Coliforms and Other Bacteria: The membrane pores of the filter efficiently remove coliform, fecal coliforms and other water borne microorganisms.
- Good Filtration Range: This filtration unit can remove 77 different types of pollutants. For me, its OK but not great. The water filtration systems those claims removal of 1000 contaminants are obviously far better than this filter. But the thing is if we filter out 30 pollutants from water is totally safe for drinking. If you are looking for great but cheap filter it’s for you!
- Super Water Flow: Speedy water flow is a great virtue of this filter. It can filter super-fast, if you have six members family, like me, then be sure, it can supply enough amount of water for all.
- Durable & Cost Effective: According to the manufacturer, it costs only 10 cents per gallon of purified water. But as I have this filter in my home, I know it costs a bit more than the claim. It will cost you around 12-13 cents per gallons. Its really inside the tolerable range.
- Leak Protection Unit: The three stage filter units are leak proof. Most of the under-sink filter units have the issue of water leakage from the cartridge area. But, the leak proof design of Aquasana ensures zero leakage of water.
- Certifications: The filtration unit is certified with NSF/ANSI standard. .
It’s a cost-efficient water filtration unit for get rid of bacteria and coliforms. Per gallon cost is minimal, unit is properly assembled and unit cost is affordable. Nothing can be a better choice if you are looking for budget water filter for removing coliform.
#5. Waterdrop G2 Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
As a proud citizen of the United States, I love the technologies and products of our country. Waterdrop is one of the fastest-selling water filtration unit around the US. I love some of their water filtration models. Why? To know more read out my thoughts on that gem of a filter.
- Advanced Filtration Unit: A integrated filtration system is applied into this filtration unit. A carbon filter, a CF sediment filter, a top-notch PP filter, combination of these makes a fantastic filtration unit.
- Sleek Design: All will love the gorgeous and smart look of the filter. But who will buy a filter based on the looks right? No one. But great outlook enhances the beauty of your home or kitchen, or wherever you will place it.
- Heavy Duty Membrane Filters: The MRO filter is alone capable of handling wide ranges of sediments. Precision filter is highly durable and efficient of handling heavy metals & microorganisms. The G2 reverse osmosis membrane runs long without any trouble.
- Tankless Technology: Modern day water filters are becoming much user friendly and easy to handle. The waterdrop reverse osmosis water filter adopted tankless technology to speed up the filtration process. But, will it increase the filter pressure on the G2 RO membrane? The thing is, the top two layers handles the pressure that the rest three takes less.
- Fast Purification: With this filtration unit, a glass of water can be filtrated within 12 seconds and it can filtrate around 400 gallons of water per day. This enormous amount of filtration is conducted without compromising the quality. Interesting fact is that, coffee will taste way better if you use water from this filtration unit.
- Easy Filter Replacement: It will take only 5 seconds to replace a filter cartridge. And after one year, you will need to change the filter for the first time.
- Leak Proof Design: The design of the filtration unit is totally leak proof. The circuit and electrical systems are efficient and durable. It’s a high-end filtration system, overall.
Undoubtedly, it’s a great choice for families. It provides coliform-free water with accurate pH and TDS. My opinion is, if you are not comfortable with your existing water filter, its high time to replace the filter with this excellent waterdrop reverse osmosis water purifier.
#6. APEC RO-90 Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
APEC 90 is the quality filtration unit to remove coliform bacteria from raw water. The water filter has greater efficiency to remove other unwanted ions and minerals from water. But, it keeps essential minerals in optimum concentration. Its one of the best water filter for E.coli, and other coliforms.
- Origin: The origin of the water filter is in the US. So, be sure about the excellent quality of the water filter. Also, in 2022, APEC team upgraded it to more efficient precision filter. Most importantly, the issues with APEC RO-HI are not found in APEC RO-90.
- Greater Water Quality: It can efficiently filtrate 99% of contaminants, microbes and organic pollutants. Not only that, this filter also ensures not essential ions filtrate out of the water. Real smart technology has been incorporated into this filtration unit.
- Toxicity Removal: Heavy metals like Chloramine, Arsenic, Manganese, Lead, Fluorides and other heavy metals. Alkalinity of water is reduced smartly not altering the taste.
- Utility: This filtration unit is great for multi-purpose. Firstly, it ensures quality water for drinking and also ensures great water for cooking and making drinks. You already know, quality water filtration is needed for great taste of coffee.
- High Quality Materials: The RO 90 water filter is manufactured with a lead-free faucet system, food-grade & BPA free plastic materials. No worries about quality at all.
- Cost Effective: The price of the overall unit is highly affordable compared to the service it offers.
Great filter with the price range. It’s under the sink coliform removing water filter. It ensures water quality and easier maintenance. It is highly recommended bacteria removing water filtration unit.
Coliform Bacteria Removing Water Filters Consumer Satisfaction Reports 2021
I have prepared a consumer satisfaction report of water filters based on the past five years’ data. This graphical report will help you to understand the facts about bacteria removing water filters. Trends have been analyzed, performances are scrutinized, and price ranges are also considered. Let’s check out the water filter consumer report.
You have already noticed a term called CSI. The CSI stands for Customer Satisfaction Index. The CSI index is a reflection of customer sentiment towards a product. Simply, the higher the CSI% better the quality and better the service.
From the Graph, its evident that consumers are trusting the iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water filter most. The four other filters we have reviewed are also widely accepted by a wide range of consumers according to their purpose.
How to Choose Best Water Filter for Coliform Bacteria
Choosing the right water filter for removing coliform bacteria can be tricky. But we have provided five excellent as well as cheap water filters for removing bacteria. Now, this guide will help you to choose the perfect one from the lot or you can read it for further references.
As we are buying a water filter, safe and healthy water would be our first priority. The perfect water filter should not compromise the quality a bit.
Next comes the filtration capacity or filter flow rate. It is a most common observation that excellent filtration units slow down the filtration process. That’s why our most important selection criterion was filtration flow rate. An outstanding filter should supply enough amount of water required by a family of 5. That’s called a true top-notch filter.
Cartridge Longevity & Quality
The cartridge quality is another important factor. If the cartridge serves long, it will reduce our hassle of changing it frequently. The system should be efficient enough to indicate the time of filter change via an indicator, or display.
Durability is the most common factor we should look while buying any product. But what is the most critical instrument of a water filter that need to be highly durable? The faucet. It’s the user interface and frequently used. That’s why a filter’s faucet need to be long lasting and leakage free.
Why do Coliform Bacteria need to be Removed from Water?
In the United States, the public water supply system is responsible for supplying quality water to the consumer level. We don’t have any doubts about the water purification system they have.
But, what about the supply line and water circulation pipes? Can these ensure water safety?
Here, confusion creates. On the serious note, most filtration unit is incapable of filter out coliform. There are three types of coliform commonly present in drinking water. Fatality is different for each strain. Let’s discuss more:
Total Coliform Bacteria
Most typical source of total coliform bacteria is environmental. That’s the reason we should be more careful about this pathogen. It can lead to acute diarrhea, stomach pain, vomiting, and fever. This strain is more lethal to children and pregnant women.
Fecal Coliform Bacteria
This bacterium is more frequent in drinking water. Sources of fecal coliform are human and animal feces. Diarrhea leading to severe vomiting and sickness is the most common outcome of fecal coliform contamination. There is no alternative to removing this bacteria from drinking, cooking, and mouth-washing water.
Most of us already heard about this bacteria. This bacteria can be destroyed from water by boiling. But, do we really boil water? No, we don’t. That’s why we need to leave this task to a reliable water filter for removing bacteria.
Frequently Asked Questions
#Q1. Why I need to buy a coliform removing water filter?
Health safety is the top most priority for our families. The most common enemies of water are heavy metals and bacteria. These have huge impact on health in both long terna and short term. So, we need an efficient water filter that can removes these toxic materials efficiently.
#Q2. Does a Reverse Osmosis water filter remove coliform bacteria?
Surely, a reverse osmosis water filtration unit can efficiently remove pathogenic bacteria. Coliform and other pathogenic bacteria are efficiently filtered out from raw water. Reverse osmosis is a trusted system to filter out heavy metals and pathogenic microorganisms.
I am too glad that you have to mate it that far. It should be our first priority to ensure safe drinking water for our family. To make your task easy, I have given you 5 best water filters that remove bacteria. Simply, look at the CSI chart and choose the perfect coliform or bacteria-free water filter for you and your family.