Brita pitchers can vary in different types, sizes, colors, and price ranges, but do you know the proper uses and where you should not use them?
Today, I will talk about the water filters, which are essential to keep in our home to drink clean, odorless, and freshwater. I heard many people are confused about using, cleaning, and generally ask whether you can put Brita Pitchers in a dishwasher. So let’s try to avoid confusion about this!
It will be a good idea if you avoid keeping Brita Pitchers in a dishwasher because Brita filters and their parts are not strong enough to resist heated air, high temperatures of water, leftover water, dishwashing powder, or detergents.
If all these problems come into contact with the Brita Pitchers, they can be melted or scratched.
What are the Three Best Dishwasher-safe Water Filter Pitchers?
There are many different types of dishwasher-safe water filter pitchers because of their design, filters capability to keep water. I will briefly discuss the three best dishwasher-safe water filters pitchers, which I found very reasonable and moderate.
- Aquabliss Pitchers
- Zero water ZP-010 10 cup water filter pitchers
- BWT Vida Mineralizer
1. Aquabliss Pitchers:
- Fresh and smell free
- It can filter water two times better than other types of water filters
- It helps remove extra chemicals such as mercury, copper, zinc, and sediment that can sometimes cause minor problems in your throat.
- It tries to remove all the impurities left in the water.
2. Zero water ZP-010 10 cup water
- Various sizes and colors are available
- It provides intelligent and easy reading, so it will not be difficult to understand the lessons.
- It helps 99% of germs from the water. Not only germs, but it also can remove the solid particles, minerals, etc.
Powered by digital monitor
3. Epic Pitcher Water Filter:
- It can fight against pathogens.
- Removes wide ranges of heavy metals.
- NSF/ANSI standards certified.
- It can balance the rate of alkalinity.
How to know if the Brita Filter is Terrible?
Whenever we get sick, we understand by seeing the signs or symptoms of diseases. So the same case for the Brita filters. We will see some changes occurring in the color of the water and filters. There are some easy signs or predictions you can make to know if the Brita filter is terrible or not. They are:
- Different tastes and smells of water
- Water seems foamy or cloudy
- Take more time to pour water
Different tastes and smells of water:
When you keep water inside a container without cleaning or changing for a long time, you will notice that the color of the water has changed. If you drink it and bring it nearer to your nose, you will understand that the smell of water is a little stinky, like fevicol.
This happens because all the minerals and chemicals present in water filters become damaged due to keeping it unclean, lack of air and may come out from the filters because you remain it wet for someday.
Also Read: Alternative to Dish Drying Rack
Water or ice cubes seem foamy and cloudy
If your filters become deficient, you will observe some changes in the ice cubes you put in your new fridges. For instance: You bought a coca-cola or any beverage for drinking.
And you take out some ice from the filters to drink with a liquid; you will smell a foul smell coming from the glass or jars. Water or ice cubes can be seen foamy and melt faster than usual. This can be a sign or ringing bell to make you understand that you have to change or alter the filters you have been using for a long time.
Take more time to pour water
This can take more time to pour water from the filters. Because all the microorganisms and the chemicals contained in water, such as minerals, may get stuck on the filters and make the water difficult to come out from the filters. This can be the time to change or buy new Brita filters.
Muddy, thick, and dirty water
It is normal to get black particles from the water for the new filters. But, when your filter gets damaged, water may sometimes appear like drain water which can be very harmful if you mistakenly drink it.
In addition, once the filters get damaged, the water may taste the same as the chlorine, pesticides, and chemicals. Unless you change the filters, you will get sick because of all these harmful particles remaining in the water.
How often to Replace Brita Pitchers?
You should know when to replace your filters because it depends on what types of filters, how much water you put on the filters, how often you use them, and how often you clean them.
One more important thing to be noted is to read the instructions authorized by the Company because all the methods and information about them are written.
There are usually no specific ways to say this, but it may help you understand how often you should replace Brita Pitchers.
Brita (Blue) colored filters:
- These filters need to be replaced when it reaches every 120 gallons of water and approximately every six months.
Brita (Gray) colored filters:
- This filter needs to be replaced when it reaches every 40 gallons of water and approximately two months.
Brita ( White ) colored filters:
- These filters also need to be replaced when they reach every 40 gallons of water and after every two months.
It does not mean you can not change before these instructions. If you are having any problems in water filters, like water is pouring too slowly or too fast, or bad-smelling is diffusing through, you can change it when you think it needs to be altered.
How to Separate the Parts of the Brita Pitchers?
All the instructions are authorized on the papers inside the box if you buy a new one. It is better not to buy second-hand filters.
If you see the instructions written on the documents, you will understand them clearly. But if you are facing any confusion, you can take help from the plumbers or the person who knows how to fix them properly in a convenient way. I will write some of the steps of the easy technique by step to avoid being confused while resolving.
- First, you need to discard and remove the old filter using your hand carefully.
- Discard the pitcher lid and keep it on the other side and clean it.
- Check out the reservoirs and grab the filters by removing the old filter, which is tightly fixed. So it would help if you had some energy to pull it out.
- Wash the filters for 15 to 20 seconds. Then, if your previous filter is not usable, you can buy a new one and fix it.
- After setting the new filters, fill the reservoirs with water. When the water reaches the top lines, your filter is ready to use and can take out water from the filters.
How to Clean a Brita Pitcher Filter
Cleaning a filter can be a daunting task unless you have cleaned it for a long time. So what you should do is to clean in time. It will reduce your efforts if you know the proper techniques to clean it. It is not too difficult to clean. For you, I will tell you how you can clean Brita Pitchers cleanly and within a few times. Let’s dig into this.
- Arrange the equipment for cleaning such as * dish soap or detergents * white vinegar * sponge or net * measuring objects or cups for water * drying rack etc.
- Separate the parts of the pitcher’s filter
- Remove the filter and rinse it with water first
- Clean the reservoirs
- Let the pitchers dry
Separate the parts of the Pitchers filters
First, you have to remove the lid from the pitcher and wash it with hot water using detergent or dish soap. After this, you have to wipe the filters using dish racks very cleanly. After that, you can submerge filters into soapy water. But if your filter is designed electronically, you can put this into the water because it will damage and get an electric shock.
Remove the Filter
It will be a good idea if you do not wash the filter, but it needs to be rinsed with water lightly. Immediately, fix the filters into the clean containers. If you can see mustiness dirt particles, you can add some white vinegar mixed with one cup of soapy water. Clean it with a sponge or scrubbers and rinse with water immediately.
Remove the Reservoirs
After removing the reservoir, you have to put them into to sink and wash using a mild detergent with warm water. Wipe the reservoir with dish racks or clothes. Make sure you have cleaned inside and outside the reservoir properly. Do not let the soap or water that contains soap remain in the filters unless it spreads a bad smell after some days.
Let the Brita Filter dry
Before closing the lid of the filters, make sure you have cleaned it properly and do not let any extra particles remain in the filters. Next, check both sides, upper and lower sides, narrow parts of the filters. Let it dry for some time. If you want to complete this quickly, you keep it under the sun for desiccating.
How to Store Filters When not in Use?
Suppose you are going out of the city or county, do not leave the filters alone in the home because it will be difficult to clean when you want to use them again. So please make a plan to store filters when you do not need to use them. Let me clarify what to do when you do not want to use filters, and you can keep them for using this in the future, but how? Right?
Let me tell you first where to keep it when it is not in use:
- The best place to keep the filters you will not use, between 4 to 15 days, is a dark place to not get exposed to the sunlight.
Before you keep or store them in a dark place, you can follow some steps that will keep your water filters in a better and more hygienic condition.
You can follow any of the techniques you like. The main reason for this is to keep the filters away from the microorganisms that can cause severe problems to your health if it goes inside your body. So I thought of sharing two easy tips and tricks for you, and you can follow before you put the filters are:
- You can flush the filters using water and clean using water. The main thing to focus on is to keep the internal sections of the flask and reservoirs.
- You can apply chlorinated water that will help you to keep filters away from microorganisms and mold.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]
Q1#. Can Brita filter Pitchers remove lead from drinking water?
Yes, Brita filter pitchers are filters that help remove the lead from the drinking water. Just imagine how good this filter is. It eliminates the information; it can also diminish the particles from chlorine, benzene, and asbestos.
Q2#. Where is the maximum fill line on your Brita Pitchers?
The maximum fill line on your Brita Pitchers depends on the design and how the manufacturers have planned to make it. It is usually marked inside the reservoirs of the pitchers. If you do not find any marks or points, you must understand that it has no fill line on your Brita Pitchers. It is not only about Brita Pitchers; other brands’ water filters may not have this.
Obviously, now it’s clear to you that you can put some model of Brita pitcher in the dishwasher but not all. Few other different pitchers can be placed in the dishwasher without causing any damage.
Share this article with your family, friends, and relatives and drink safe WATER using well-equipped Water filters!!! To know more, join us!