Do you know what the other name of life is?
I would definitely call it water!
People can live up to two weeks without food, but it becomes hard to sustain for even three days without water. But it is true when the water is pure and fresh.
Water is one of the most contamination-prone natural elements of the earth. That includes the condition of hard water and the use of water filters to remove it.
As Brita is one of the most used water filters, you may ask, Does Brita filters hard water?
Yes! Brita can filter hard water in its conventional state to make them softer. To completely filter the hard water, it needs additional assistance from active-carbon cartridges. The scale due to the filtration may sometimes interrupt or slower the filtration process.
Let’s march ahead!
Will a Brita Filter Remove Hard Water?
No, a conventional Brita filter can’t remove hard water by softening them to the greatest extent. They can only ease the hard water from its previous form to certain levels but cannot remove the hardness.
This is because Brita conventional filters cannot remove the ions of the minerals that cause hardness in the water. So the scenario of removing hardness of the water is:
- Brita filter can remove dirt and impurities from the water and make them pure. However, the hardness of the water depends to some extent for the following reasons, which the filter can only treat.
- Brita cannot react/filter directly with minerals like chlorine, iron, and so on, which mainly causes the hardness in water.
- Brita cannot treat the scale or the by-products of the minerals built up inside the filter to soften hard water.
Is there a Special Brita Filter to Soften Water?
You won’t find a specific Brita filter, especially when it comes to the conventional filter for the procedure of softening water. Instead, a particular type of carbon cartridge system is used to do this job of softening.
Almost no variants of the Brita filters themselves tend to soften the water mixed up with various salts. The reasons for hard water are different kinds of mineral salts that remain dissolved in the water.
Active carbon is used in cartridges, which are the only way to soften the water through these filters. Magnesium, chlorine, and iron are filtered by these special cartridges, the Brita Pro Home system.
How long do Brita Filters last with Hard Water?
Brita filters are there for the serving of pure drinking water. This water is achieved from almost every form of non-edible solvents. But, in the case of hard water, it needs additional effort for the filter to provide soft water that also impacts the filter by reducing its durability.
For these reasons, the filters should be replaced quite often.
- Brita filters should last an average of 60 days for general water filtration. These days are reduced for the hard water which causes it to replace the filter even earlier.
- Brita filter cartridges are needed to be changed after usage of every 40 gallons.
- The impurities from the hard water are usually the minerals salts that remain in scales in their solute state. These scales build up inside the filter, causing them to reduce their performance, changing them more often.
Removal of calcium salt
Calcium is one mineral salt present in water like magnesium, chlorine, etc. But calcium is different, as these are removable by the conventional Brita filter.
Controlling the taste and texture of water
The Brita filters tend to maintain the taste and texture of the water. Chlorines are highly responsible for the odd taste and texture for which the filters remove chlorine to settle the problem.
Frequent changing capabilities:
Like other salts, chlorine also leaves scales inside the filter which are needed to be removed to avoid blockage. The Brita filters are operated so that they need to be replaced after specific periods, which maintains their performance.
Can Brita Filters Make you Sick?
Filters are used to provide fresh water to save you from all water-borne diseases. However, if this process of purifying water is hindered. In that case, the supply of pure water is restricted, which can, in terms of, affect your health.
Brita filters are there to save you and your health from unhealthy water. Brita filters can be the reason for you to be sick if their normal purifying process is hindered. These can happen if the filter becomes too old and is not changed according to the advice. The reasons for which Brita filters can even make you sick are:
- The hindrance in the water purification can develop the existence of bacteria inside the filter. The continued multiplication of those germs can cause higher concentrations of bacteria, the intake of which is harmful to the body.
- Old filters are unable to purify water perfectly. These happen when the filter is not changed after every two months. As a result, various impurities remain in the water.
- Then intake of such impure water is responsible for you to be sick.
Will Brita Make Complex Water Taste Better?
Yes, the taste can be improved by the specialized Brita filters by treating the hard water. The conventional Brita filters cannot fully soften the water but can better taste, whereas the carbon-cartridge added filters do both.
The hard water contains minerals like sodium, magnesium, chlorine, calcium, iron, etc. These things, especially chlorines, are responsible for changing the taste of the water. By removing these substances, Brita filters can significantly influence the taste and give you pure and good water. There is a bonus for Brita filter users! Curious?
Brita filter is one of the best coliform filtration unit among the most popular water filter brand of US.
Should Brita Filter Always be Wet?
For the best performance of the Brita filter, a particular portion of the filter should always be wet. A moist and damp environment inside the filter is needed for the best filtration. Conditions for the damp environment inside the filter are:
- If the environment inside the filter is dry and brittle, obstacles in the filtration path are a must.
- The filter should be placed in a cool place and away from the direct light of the sun.
- The old filter should be changed as the moisture inside the filter becomes the best place for the dwelling of various bacteria.
What’s the Best kind of Water for Making Coffee?
Coffee is the best kind of drink you all need to make your day. And, to make this coffee in the best way, the characteristics of the water should be:
- All the minerals dissolved in the water should be in a balanced condition.
- The water should have a pH level of 7, which is the neutral condition for water.
- The water should be away from all sorts of hardness, odd taste odor, and irregular texture.
- One should ensure healthy, pure drinking water for the preparation of coffee.
ZeroWater vs. Brita vs. PUR: Who Wins?
People want the best forms of water purifiers to meet their needs, which arises so much confusion on the internet. Some common differences are made between three of the most famous filters that may win according to your individual needs:
|ZeroWater has an average lifespan and can be used for up to 6 months.||Brita surpasses both the filters in terms of maintenance and servicing costs, which also includes the lifespan.||PUR is changed more often compared to both of them.|
|They are more efficient in removing stubborn compounds from the water like- lead, pesticides, etc.||Brita successfully removes many minerals from the water, which improves taste and texture.||PUR is significant in working against various chemicals which are many times present in water.|
So, now you know the facts! Does Brita filter hard water or not.
Brita filters are indeed there to help you with the hardness of the water. From tiny to complete filtration, the quality of the water is undoubted to be improved.
If you are ever confused about the hard-water purification of the Brita, don’t hesitate to add the home system carbon cartridges.