About six and a half years ago, I bought a KitchenAid Stand mixer from online. I knew that the price would be much higher than expected. What else to do? It was an order from my better half.
When I got the stand mixer in my hand, I was satisfied. I knew it was a perfect investment. But, my wife got mad at me and asked why I bought this expensive stand mixer?
She was also poking me by chanting a chef is not always correct. I was so confused. I’m the procurement head of my restaurant and acting sous chef, and I’m accused of buying an expensive crap?
But, unlike other husbands, I finally made her realize why are stand mixers so expensive. And the purchase decision of buying a costly KitchenAid stand mixer was a Win-Win game for me.
How did I calm her down? Check out the article if you are also curious about the high price tag on stand mixers.
Why Are Stand Mixers So Expensive? [8 Reason]
Like me, anybody who loves baking wants to have a stand mixture in his/her kitchen. The stand mixer is expensive than the other Alternative hand mixers.
Why would anyone like to toiling with hands with a hand mixture rather than paying for a quality stand mixture? Because they think stand mixers are too expensive. But I think it’s worth it.
So guys, let’s see the reasons for stand mixers being so expensive.
- Super Quality Materials: The stand mixers are made with high-quality materials like solid aluminum, stainless steel, brushed, etc. The regular and cheap mixtures are made with cheap materials like plastic, etc. Likewise, plastic mixers are way too vulnerable.
- Multi-Functional: Stand mixers can do so many things smoothly. You can make your cookies, cream, bread, etc., with a stand mixer smoothly. The stand mixers super fast like you can make pizza doughs or anything in no time.
So you don’t need to torture the arms by mixing the ingredients. There are some attachments with every quality stand mixer. Wire whip, dough hook (coated), flat beater (coated) are given with your purchase, and you’re ready to cook right away.
- Powerful Machines/ Motor: Generally, the stand mixer contains a powerful motor that can mix any materials. Because of the robust motor of a stand mixer, it can perform any task very efficiently. Quality and best stand mixers will repeatedly conduct these kinds of jobs without being spoiled. A quality stand mixer has a long lifespan, about 3-5 years.
- Durable: The stand mixers are much more durable because of their materials. Obviously, you can buy a cheap mixer at a low cost. It can give you par service but how long will it last? Doubtful.
Because the materials of an inexpensive mixer will also be vulnerable. A cheap hand mixer doesn’t have a warranty, but a quality stand mixer has.
- High Weight: Weight is also a vital thing to judge the quality of a machine. Because it is quite natural that cheap mixers will have materials like plastic, and the stand mixers have quality materials like aluminum. So, the Weight of a cheap mixture will be light; likewise, a quality stand mixer is heavy.
- Convenience: You can mix anything using a stand mixer within a short time (without making things messy). Not only that, the stand mixture has high built quality, frequently usable. You can use it at different speeds. The finest stand mixer also has some extra features like timers, stop automatically after finishing a job, and other additional settings. When something is far more convenient, naturally, it will be expensive.
- Not Just a mixture: The high-end stand mixers can be used as a pasta roller or an ice-cream maker too. When it comes to a cheap mixer, you can’t even think about making these delicate recipes.
- Better Result: Making cookies, cake batter, whipping cream, ice cream, bread dough, etc., a stand mixer will produce superior intermediary cooking mixers. Finishing quality is the best you can found in any mixers.
So, by now, you know the 8 reasons why stand mixers are too costly.
Also Read: Best Cool Touch Toaster Review
Why Are KitchenAid Stand Mixers So Expensive
As you already know that I have a mixer from KitchenAid (It’s for my home, I have dozens of other stand mixers in my restaurant). Some people think it is too much expensive, but I don’t.
You may wonder why?
Let’s see Are KitchenAid stand mixers worth the price or not, in a comparative way.
|KitchenAid Artisan® Series 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer||Hamilton Beach Electric Stand Mixer||Dash Stand Mixer|
|Material||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Plastic|
|Powerful motor||Very Powerful||Less than KitchenAid||Less than both|
|Convenience||Perfect for All the things||Best for chocolate, chips||Best for cookies & muffin|
I think this comparison among the three best stand mixers brands in the market will clarify your doubts on top-notch stand mixers. The table has the answer on why KitchenAid stand mixers are expensive.
Do you still think it is too costly? No, guys,
KitchenAid stand mixers worth the price. After using it, you will also fall in love with KitchenAid.
Are you curious? Want to know the price range of some other brands? Stay with me, and I will tell you in the next section.
How Much Do KitchenAid Mixers Cost?
In this section, I will discuss the cost of different stand mixers. Here are the most popular stand mixer brands, models, and prices.
|Best Stand Mixer Brands & Models||Price (MSRP)|
|Artisan® Series 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer||$399.99|
|Cuisinart 5.5-Quart Stand Mixer||$200|
|Hamilton Beach Electric Stand Mixer||$99.99|
|KitchenAid Artisan Mini Tilt-Head Stand Mixer||$499.99|
|Dash Stand Mixer||$39.99|
|SMEG 5-Quart Stand Mixer||$490|
|Ankarsrum Original kitchen machine||$699.95|
|Aucma Stand Mixer||$91.64|
|KitchenAid 8-Quart Commercial Countertop Mixer||$699.99|
Is There A Better Mixer than KitchenAid?
I have been using the Artisan Series 5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer from KitchenAid since 2014. I can confidently say that KitchenAid is still the best one for me.
It’s not good to compare a hand mixer with a KitchenAid; they are not comparable. When it comes to comparing with other stand mixer brands, you can see that the KitchenAid has something distinguishing like:
- Sheer power,
- Multitude functional,
- Sleek look,
- Attractive design,
- Automated features,
- Quality materials
What’s the difference between KitchenAid classic and Artisan?
KitchenAid Classic and KitchenAid artisan both are the best mixer for the kitchen. Few differences exist between them.
Let’s take a look at some of the critical differences between KitchenAid classic and KitchenAid Artisan.
|KitchenAid classic||KitchenAid Artisan|
|Power||250 watts||325 watts|
|Capacity||4.5 quart||5 & 3.5 (mini) quart|
|Bowl type||Brushed (matte) Stainless still with handle||Polished (shiny) Stainless still without handle|
|Bowl size||Smaller then Artisan||Larger then classic|
|Color||Black, white & silver||Over 40|
|Dimensions||14.1*8.7*13.9 inches||16*11*16 inches|
|Built-in soft start||Yes||No (mini have)|
|Better for Bread||No||Yes|
|Cookie Yield||Six dozen||Nine dozen|
|Supplementary products||Wire whip, dough hook (coated), flat beater (coated)||Wire whip, dough hook (covered), flat beater (covered), pouring shield (1 piece)|
Do I Need A Stand Mixer?
Nowadays, the people love to bake. It’s a passion and a great pass time. I love to bake when I’m at home.
But some people still think, do they need a stand mixer? Yes, it would be best if you had a stand mixer. Let me tell you why you need a stand mixer.
A stand mixer is like your arms; you can call it your helper too—this an essential item in your kitchen. You can mix something or make your batter ready and do another work simultaneously with the help of a stand mixer.
- Is a stand mixer or hand mixer better? A stand mixer takes less time and does the mixing perfectly. It can do any strict mixing and perform multiple tasks, which we can’t even think about a hand mixer. We don’t even need to touch the stand mixer while mixing the ingredients. The process is pretty much straightforward. So, a stand mixer is better than a hand mixer.
- Is a Bowl lift or tilt head mixer better? A tilt head mixer helps to scrape down the bowl side at the time of mixing, but we still need to do this manually for the lift head mixer. So, undoubtedly the tilt head mixer is better.
Finally, we are at the end of this exciting article. Now, you know why are stand mixers so expensive. Stand mixers are worth the price. There are best stand mixer brands and models. Check my complete guide on choosing a budget stand mixer here.